Sunday, June 12, 2011

The Reilly Margarita

   
After finally bottling the Kiwi/Pineapple/Strawberry tequila infusion(found here), I decided it was time to make something of it. The first thing that came to mind was a margarita since it was, after all, a tequila.  It also gave me an excuse to play with a bottle of "prickly pear cactus syrup" that I stumbled upon at my favorite liquor store.
     With plenty of fresh lime juice to use, I set out mixing some bizarre ingredients into a few different drinks with no real success, besides a slight buzz.  It took me a while before I finally came up with something truly fantastic and named it after a friend and fellow tequila fan:

The Reilly Margarita:
2 oz Infused Tequila
3/4 oz Paula's Texas Orange Liqueur (or Cointreau/Triple Sec)
1/2 oz Fresh Lime Juice
1/4 oz. Agave Nectar
1-2 Dashes of Cheri's Prickly Pear Cactus Syrup

Throw all ingredients into your shaker and shake well.  Strain into your glass with ice.  Garnish with a lime twist.


Enjoy
-S.M.

No comments:

Post a Comment